- Started as a Department in the School of Health Science in 2013
- The School of Nursing was established in October 2016
- The school admitted its first group of 40 students in January 2017
The School of Nursing was established in October 2016 and opened its doors to the first group of students in January 2017 after accreditation by the Nursing Council of Kenya. Our vision is to become a center of excellence in nursing education, research and clinical practice in the region and globally. The School provides holistic ethical education to nursing students to acquire intellectual knowledge and skills with the right attitudes and competencies relevant to meet the health care needs of the Kenyan population and future generations. The graduates will be mentored to effectively contribute in achievement of improved quality of health services to the highest standards as envisioned in Vision 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and will further contribute to the promotion of sustainable health benefits and development of the nursing profession.
To be model Centre of excellence in nursing education, clinical practice and research.
To educate ethically sensitive nurses whose practice reflects the highest standard appropriate to the needs of the Kenyan society and the world at large.
- To provide quality training in nursing sciences in order to produce compete graduate nurses
- To engage in scientific research in the core areas of nursing practice that will impact on best practices
- To promote collaboration with the Government, private sector and International community
- To provide consultancy services in nursing practice, nursing education and research
- To engage in community services through provision of quality nursing services