SCHOOL OF EDUCATION (SEd)
Dr. Ibuathu C. Njati, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Education
Vision: A School of excellence in sharpening teacher competencies through hands-on training and research.
Mission: To provide quality and competent teacher education, training, research and innovation.
Core values: Innovation, Competitiveness, Transparency, Quality and Integrity
The School’s objectives are to:
- Teach students how to learn through the development of creative thinking, research, innovation and study skills competencies for excellent problem solving;
- Support students to become productive citizens that are capable of changing the social-order through emphasis on proactively managing social issues;
- Inspire students for self-fulfillment, personal values and relevance, communication and self-expression skills, and development of effective lifelong learning competencies.
- Education Science: COD – Dr. Hilda Nyougo Omae
- Education Arts: COD – Dr. Mercy Thuranira
- Communication & Journalism: COD – Dr. Beatrice Owiti