CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
DAAD PhD Proposal Writing Workshop
for potential DAAD Scholarship applicants to Germany
on Thursday, March 26, 2015 (part 1), and
on Thursday, June 4, 2015 (part 2) in Nairobi
- Training offered by highly experienced DAAD Alumni with follow-up on progress on second day of the workshop
- No fees, but applicants cater for own accommodation, transport
- Number of participants limited
E-Mail applications only with the following documents/ information:
- A research abstract (max. 400 words in word format) of the PhD project to be undertaken (For the abstract to be considered, it MUST contain your name, title of the abstract, the problem statement, clearly stated objectives, methodology)
- scanned electronic copy of the Master’s certificate (degree not older than 6 years)
- At which German university do you want to do your PhD (and why), OR contact of a potential supervisor in Germany/ Graduate school
- Your expectations of the workshop (max. 5 sentences)
Applicants still awaiting examination of their Master’s thesis must provide a scanned electronic copy of the letter of submission from the university.
Application deadline: Thursday, March 5, 2015, at noon
Send applications to Ms. Anja Bengelstorff, Programme Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY complete applications can be considered. Participants from previous workshops cannot apply again.
Successful applicants will be notified by March 11, 2015 and will attend both days.
We urge prospective DAAD scholarship applicants to consider their participation in this workshop! Please also note that eventually, a supervisor in Germany is needed for a scholarship application, and you may want to start your search NOW.