MUST would like to prepare a team multidisciplinary proposal on climate change and adaptation and also assist interested postgraduate students
- Although Africa is the continent with the lowest fossil fuel its inhabitants are projected to suffer disproportionately from the consequences of global climate change.
- Effective adaptation strategies and actions should aim to secure well-being in the face of climate variability, climate change to biophysical and social contingencies.
- Climate change impacts the sectors: Agriculture; forestry; Fresh water resources; Ecosystems; Industry, settlement and society; Coastal systems; Health, social, economy
- Currently there is substantial flow of resources to support research in Africa on climate change and adaptation. Funding facilities are available at National, Regional and International mechanisms. Opportunities include those Postgraduate research.
DETAILS OF BRAINSTORM SESSION
1) Date : Thursday 22 September 2016
2) Time: 2.00 to 5.00
- Research Committee
- Academic members of staff with interest in climate change research
- Postgraduate students: either endeavoring to conduct thesis research fully on climate change or wish to have a component/objective on it.
4) Please indicate to research directorate if you intend to attend [Joy engineering building]
Brainstorm Session Programme
- 2.00 -2.20: Overview of research themes in climate change, mitigation and adaptation
- 2.20 – 3.00: Discussion of themes and additional inputs by participants
- 3.00 – 3.15: Overview of some funding opportunities
- 3.15 – 3.45 : Discussion of funding opportunities and additional inputs by participants
- 3.45 – 4.00 : Tea Break
- 4.00 – 4.30 : Brainstorm on focusing on the research theme for team and postgraduate students
- 4.30 – 5.00 : Creation of sub-theme work groups; agreement on time schedules