Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST) is a state owned University established by the Government of Kenya under the Universities Act 2012. The University is located in Meru County, along the Meru-Maua road.
MUST aspires to be a World Class University of Excellence in Science and Technology. The mission of the University is to provide Quality University Education, Training and Research in Science, Technology and Innovation.
MUST is a center of excellence in Innovation, Technology, Engineering, Food Science and Agriculture that are some of the key enablers of Kenya’s National agenda including Vision 2030 and the Big Four agenda.
MUST wishes to recruit qualified and dedicated staff to fill the following vacant positions:
CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER – GRADE 14 (RE-ADVERTISEMENT) – MUST/ADM/01/19 (1 POST)
The Chief Legal Officer shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the University legal function;
- Provision of legal counsel and advice to the University Management;
- Assist in preparation of legal or quasi-legal documents for the University;
- Interpretation general University Statutes, Terms and Conditions of Service, Collective Agreements and other documents that have legal binding on the University;
- Offering legal advice and support to the University and its affiliates on the acquisition, management and disposal of University property;
- Offering Secretariat services to the Council and all its Committees
- Review university’s legal and regulatory framework to ensure compliance, removal of impediments and security of members’ contribution.
- Guiding the Council on Key governance and compliance issues.
- A Master’s Degree in Law
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized University
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, a member of the LSK, and have a valid practicing certificate.
- Certified Public Secretary and member of ICPSK with a valid membership certificate
- Work experience as a board Secretary in a large corporation.
- Fully computer literate
- Proven knowledge of corporate regulatory and company law, rules and norms
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Be of high integrity and ensure confidentiality.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on leadership and integrity.
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR – GRADE 15 (RE-ADVERTISEMENT) – MUST/ADM/02/19 (1 POST)
The Chief Internal Auditor shall be administratively responsible to the Vice Chancellor and functionally to the audit committee of the Council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of accounting systems and related internal controls.
- Continuous evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of internal control systems.
- Investigate and advise on matters pertaining to internal and external audit queries.
- Review of the implementation of corporate policies, plans and procedures.
- Design, implement, co-ordinate and review internal audit control systems.
- Responsible for developing and implementing audit work plan.
- Serve as a secretary to the Audit committee of the Council.
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting/Finance or related field and Masters’ degree in a business field.
- Ten (10) years relevant professional experience, 5 years of which as a deputy Chief Auditor or its equivalent.
- Must be a CPA (K), ACCA final or its equivalent.
- A Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in Systems Audit and practical knowledge of ICT.
- Effective communication, good interpersonal and reporting skills.
- Proven high degree of integrity, honesty and ethical practices.
- Must adhere to Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya
LECTURERS – GRADE 12 – MUST/ACA/01/19
Applicants are invited for post of Lecturer in the following area: –
- Education Foundation
- Public Health
- Environmental Science
Applicants must have:
- An earned Ph.D or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized university.
A Master’s degree in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized University with at least three (3) years teaching experience at University level or in research or in industry.
- A minimum of 24 publication points, of which at least sixteen (16) should be from refereed journal papers.
- Registered or be registerable with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
- Evidence of attendance and contribution at learned conferences, seminars or workshops.
A competitive remuneration will be paid in accordance with the Meru University of Science and Technology Terms and Conditions of service.
How to apply
- Application should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts and any other relevant supporting documents.
- Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau
3.They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
4.Ten (10) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the post should be sent via registered mail or courier “marked with the reference number on the left hand corner of the envelope” and sent to the under-signed to be received on or before 12th February, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
6. Applicants with foreign earned qualifications should have their certificates certified by the Commission for University Education.
7.Those who applied for the re-advertisement positions need not to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Below is a printable PDF version of the vacancies and the Job application summary form.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, marginalized and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200