PHYSICS (SPS 3150)[45 LH]
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
To equip the learners with basic skills and knowledge in linear motion and thermodynamics in relation to environment.
At the end of the course, students should be able to.
- State and apply equations of motion.
- State and apply hours of motion.
- Describe heat flows and its measurement.
- Explain the modes of heat transfer
- Explain the phase changes and heat exchange in systems.
Linear motion: equation of motion, Newton’s law of motion, linear momentum, force, energy and work: simple machines, friction temperature: Celsius and absolute temperature scales, temperature measuring instruments, heat transfer, linear expansion, Gas Laws, phase changes, Isothermal and adiabatic changes, 1st law of thermodynamics.