MERU UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROGRAMMING CONTEST ON 13th NOVEMBER 2015
THEME: INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
GOAL: To provide students with an opportunity to test their skills and knowledge in building software products.
The award winning system should be within the following areas:
- Mobile application
- Web application
- Geographical information systems
- Artificial intelligence
- Embedded systems
- Creative works focusing on millennium development goals
Applications detailing a background of the area, the problem, the objectives and the scope must be submitted to the department of IT & Computer Science on or before 16th October 2015.
What’s in it for the student?
The top five winners will be featured on the University website. This provides worldwide exposure to potential employers.
The best three software products will attract a prize as below:
The top winners receive – 5,000
First runners up receives – 3,000
2nd runners up receives – 2,000
- Individual participants who are MUST students, or in collaboration with student(s) from other Universities
- Student(s) from other Universities are encouraged to participate individually, or in collaboration with MUST students.
- Teams of maximum three members
- Entry is free.
The software product must be a working application. One may use any programming language(s).
Contest organizers – Department of Information Technology & Computer Science
Contest Coordinators – Mr Ronoh Wycliffe and Mr Mageto Stephen