MicroNet is software which helps you in controlling and billing your customers for the Internet usage. MicroNet does not require any Client software installations. It uses captive portal technology to show login page in customer browser. Upon connecting to your network (using wireless cards or UTP cable), customer will be prompted to enter valid username and password to get Internet access. After successful login, your customer will see the remaining time and bandwidth quota, expiration date and other relevant info. MicroNet keeps track of customer account and shows warning message when the account is due to expire, helping a customer to refill the account and continue using your service without interruption.
Software includes billing, statistics and reporting with many useful features. It is hardware independent and you can use any type of access points, routers, switches and other equipment to control your Wi-Fi, WiMax, LAN, Cable, DSL, Satellite and other type of network connections. MicroNet is an advanced RADIUS web platform aimed at managing hotspots and general-purpose ISP deployments. It features user management, accounting, and integration with M-PESA to make it easy for clients to purchase the services conveniently from MicroNet. MicroNet integrates with FreeRADIUS’s database to provide centralized management and control for RADIUS deployments. Those who would find MicroNet to be of use are most notably RADIUS operators and administrators, network and systems administrators, integration engineers and NOC departments. Companies or individuals running hotspot captive portals or remote access technologies such as VPNs are likely to find MicroNet a great fit to manage their user’s database records.
In order to control your customers, MicroNet has to be set up in a gateway computer in your network.
For minimal system configuration:
- Gateway Computer
- Wi-Fi Device (Access Point)
System Requirements for Gateway PC:
CPU: – 32-Bit (x86 Processor) or 64-Bit (x64 Processor).
RAM: 512MB Linux, 2GB Windows.
OS: Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2008 or Linux (Ubuntu Server 10/14).
NIC: 2 – Network Interface Cards OR Virtual Box Adapters Emulation can be applied (Not recommended though).
MicroNet is a useful tool to:
– Coffee Shops / Conference Centers / Internet Café.
– Universities and other education premises.
– Airports, Terminals, Public Transport premises.
– Shopping Malls / Business Centers.
– Multi-Tenant Units (MTU) / ISP / Wireless ISP (WISP).
– Enterprise that wants to provide guest access.
– Operators of any visitor-based network / Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- A customers mobile app, this will enable a client to manage his active or roaming session with his network provider. The development of this mobile app will be seen through by our third partner, Lyson Njoroge Macharia, a student from JKUAT.
- A native desktop application that will carry all features of the web application to create a situation whereby admin can be remote and locally stationed.