Mechanical Engineering Part-Time Tutors (Closed)
Overall purpose of the role:
The Tutors will be required to teach and examine students taking Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and in compliance with the University rules and regulations.
- Teaching in the curriculum area as directed by the Head of Curriculum Area.
- Responding to new curriculum issues affecting programme delivery and student learning/training activities.
- Reviewing teaching inputs regularly in the context of changing needs of students and programmes.
- Preparing and assembling suitable teaching materials and learning resources for the delivery of all courses/classes designated.
- Using and evaluating teaching techniques/methods appropriate to learner groups.
- Developing schemes of work, lesson plans and give lecture notes.
- Preparing internal examinations and carrying out continuous assessment.
- Supervising and assessing trainee(s) in the course area.
- Preparing trainees for external examinations by providing practical technical skills as required for effective competency acquisition.
- Carrying out examination and competence based assessment.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or;
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive Option) or;
- Bachelor of Education in Technology (Automotive Option) from a recognized institution.
Contract: 4 months Temporal Contract
Availability: February 2023
Duty station: This position is based in Main Campus, Nchiru.
How to Apply
- Application should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts and any other relevant supporting documents.
- They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
- Applicants with foreign earned qualifications should have their certificates certified by the Commission for University Education.
- Applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications be sent for consideration not later than 10th February, 2023 on email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Marginalized and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200 MERU