Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST) is a state owned University established by the Government of Kenya under the Universities Act 2012. The University is located in Meru County, along the Meru-Maua road.
MUST aspires to be a World Class University of Excellence in Science and Technology. The mission of the University is to provide Quality University Education, Training and Research in Science, Technology and Innovation.
MUST is a center of excellence in Innovation, Technology, Engineering, Food Science and Agriculture that are some of the key enablers of Kenya’s National agenda including Vision 2030 and the Big Four agenda.
MUST wishes to recruit qualified and dedicated staff to fill the Clerk of Works position for upcoming projects;
CLERK OF WORKS – Grade 6/7 1 Post
- Assess the site & give feedback for Planning / Program Scheduling of the works program for completion and monitoring.
- Review and analyze the site logistics arrangements that are to be implemented and followed at site and implement the same on site.
- Create daily work schedules and adjust as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Raise Request for Information (RFI) after checking the drawings.
- Maintain detailed documentation of all site engineering activities.
- Collaborate with management to align activities with desired business outcomes.
- Check the progress of work happening on site and whether it is as per the works program or not.
- Inform and get the contractor to arrange the manpower, materials and machinery to achieve the planned activities.
- Monitor and report the daily progress of works at site including the constraints, restraints and obstructions at site
- Direct engineering activities: assign tasks, provide training and support to the site personnel.
- Organize the daily site meetings at site within the site personnel.
- Organize materials requirement for daily work at site.
- Liaising with the main contractor, subcontractors and other professional staff at site and give feedback to the project manager.
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to at Site Level
- Evaluate operations and processes during construction and optimize the process and give feedback to the Project Manager.
- A Diploma in Building and Construction or Construction Management or related disciplines (Architecture, Design, Building Engineering, Structural Engineering, Surveying or similar).
- Relevant experience of at least three (3) years in a busy construction site of a multistory development as a Clerk of Works or Site Inspector.
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- Proficiency in Ms Office, AUTOCAD, ARCH CAD.
- Membership to a relevant professional institute will be an added advantage.
TERMS OF SERVICE
The appointment will be on contract terms for a duration equivalent to the life time of the project. A competitive remuneration will be paid.
How to apply
- Application should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts and any other relevant supporting documents.
- Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau
- They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
- Three (3) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the post should be sent via email to the under-signed to be received on or before 22nd March, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
- Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed in the MUST website and send soft copies (Microsoft word document) to email@example.com. (Compulsory).
- Applicants with foreign earned qualifications should have their certificates certified by the Commission for University Education.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Marginalized and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200