Vacancies Sabbatical and Adjunct Faculty (Closed)
Meru University of Science and Technology (MUST) is a state owned University established by the Government of Kenya under the Universities Act 2012. The University is located in Meru County, along the Meru-Maua road.
MUST aspires to be a World Class University of Excellence in Science and Technology. The mission of the University is to provide Quality University Education, Training and Research in Science, Technology and Innovation. MUST is a Centre of Excellence in Innovation, Technology, Engineering, Food Science and Agriculture.
MUST wishes to recruit qualified and dedicated staff to fill the following vacant positions;
VISITING ACADEMIC/ RESEARCH STAFF (SABBATICAL LEAVE) – MUST/ACA/01/8/23
Applicants are invited for the Position of Visiting Academic/Research Staff (Sabbatical leave).
- Be from or affiliated with an external University/ Institution/ Collaboration.
- Be in possession of an earned PhD. degree from a recognized University.
- Be at the level of Senior Lecturer or above or its equivalent with six years’ experience.
- Should have demonstrated academic leadership in their mother institution including leading an Academic department, Directorate, Dean of school or Registrar.
- Present a proposal of the task to be accomplished during the sabbatical leave.
There shall be compensation for living expenses.
ADJUNCT FACULTY – MUST/ACA/02/8/23
Applicants are invited for the post of Adjunct Faculty.
- Have the professional standing and specialist expertise to make a significant contribution to teaching and research in the University.
- Be an eminent leader in their field and a person of distinction and high achievement in the world of industry, business, science, professions, arts or public service.
- Have evidence of significant and ongoing contributions to a field or expertise relevant to the programme they intend to join.
- Not ordinarily be employed by the University but an existing member of staff may be considered for an unpaid adjunct appointment where they will not create conflict of interest or affect their performance in the existing appointment.
- Possess professional and/or academic qualifications and expertise comparable with those expected of faculty in the University.
- Enhance teaching or research profile of the University and contribute to the intellectual of the University.
- Where necessary have evidence of appropriate level of scholarship such as a relevant academic degree, recent contribution to relevant literatures or professional practice.
- Have evidence of willingness and ability to contribute to a programme.
There shall be a facilitation fee and part-time teaching payment.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Please use the link https://recruitment.must.ac.ke/ and follow the instructions carefully to submit your application.
2. Job Application Guidelines
i) Go to https://recruitment.must.ac.ke/ and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
ii) Fill in your details on the form provided. After successful registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration. (Be sure to check your spam folder if no confirmation email is received in your inbox)
iii) In subsequent applications, you will not be required to register again.
b) Log in
i) After registration go to https://recruitment.must.ac.ke/
ii) Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
c) Available Vacancies
i) On the Menu/Navigation bar (On the Left Hand side), Click on Vacancies to view available/open vacancies.
ii) A list of all open vacancies should populate on the page. Click on the View position button to view more details of the vacancy.
d) Applicant Profile
i) On the Menu/Navigation bar (On the Left Hand side), Click on Applicant Profile to edit and update your details. (Personal Details, Education Background, Employment/ Employment history among others).
ii) Be sure to provide accurate information and follow through the prompts to complete editing your profile.
iii) After successful updating of the applicant profile, the system will provide you with a Summarized PDF version of Summary of the “Applicant Profile”
iv) After submission of the updated profile, the system will redirect you to the vacancies page.
e) Application process
i) Go to the vacancies page as outlined in Section (c) Above.
ii) Click on view position for the Job you are interested in.
iii) Click on Apply job button (At the top right) to apply for the job.
iv) You have successfully applied for the position.
f) Job Applications
i) All successful applications will be maintained under “Job Applications” tab.
ii) To Access the “Job Applications” Page click on “Job Applications” link the Menu/Navigation bar (On the Left Hand side)
g) In case of any challenges, please send your query via email to email@example.com
3. All applications will be submitted and received via the above application portal ONLY. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
4. Applications should be received on or before close of business on Wednesday, 30th August, 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
5. Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 during interviews by providing original copies of the following documents;
a) A Tax compliance certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
b) A clearance certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
c) Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
d) A clearance certificate from a Registered Credit Reference Bureau in Kenya
6. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science & Technology (MUST) does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (Application, Shortlisting, Interviewing, and/or Offer). Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Marginalized and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 972-60200, MERU