7th Graduation Programme
PROGRAMME FOR THE REHEARSAL OF THE CONFERMENT OF DEGREES AND AWARD OF DIPLOMAS AND CERTIFICATES OF MERU UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ON THURSDAY, 28TH NOVEMBER, 2019.
1. 10.00 a.m. Graduands Procession assembles at the parking yard The graduands assemble per programme per School.
2. 10.15 a.m. All invited guests arrive and take their seats at the Graduation Gardens. Prelude entertainment commences at the Graduation Gardens
3. 10.30 a.m. Council members arrive and are received by members of University Management Board.
4. 10.45 a.m. The Chancellor, Dr. James Mwangi arrives at the University. On arrival, the Chancellor is received by:
- Chairman of Council -Prof. Dulacha Galgalo Barako
- Vice Chancellor- Prof. Romanus Odhiambo Otieno
- Council Members
- Ag. Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic & Student Affairs) – Prof. Simon Thuranira.
- Ag. Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration, Finance and Planning) – Dr. Eustace Mwenda
- University Management Board Members
The Chancellor is introduced to members of the University Council by the Chairman of the Council and Vice-Chancellor.
The Chancellor, Chairman of Council, Council Members and Vice-Chancellor proceed to the Courtesy Room for refreshment and robing.
5. 10.55a.m. The Chancellor’s Procession Assembles at the Parking Yard and proceeds to the Graduation Gardens led by the Kenya Police Procession Band. All standing, the Chancellor’s procession enters the Graduation Gardens in the following order:
Two Best Performing Students
Two Student Representatives
Members of the Academic Staff
Chairpersons of Departments
Deans and Directors
Registrars of other Universities
Deputy Vice Chancellors and Principals of other Universities
Council members of other Universities
Deputy Vice Chancellors (MUST)
Vice -Chancellors of other Universities
Chancellors of other Universities
Chairman of the Council and Council Members
Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Education
6. 11.00 a.m. NATIONAL ANTHEM and EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY ANTHEM – Kenya Police Band.
7. The Chancellor takes his seat.
8. Prayers: – Right Reverend Salesius Mugambi, The Bishop, Catholic Diocese of Meru.
9. The Vice Chancellor constitutes the assembly of the 6th Congregation of Meru University of Science and Technology. Entertainment by various groups.
10. The Deputy Vice Chancellor (ASA) invites the best graduating student to address the congregation.
11. The Deputy Vice Chancellor (ASA) invites the Vice Chancellor to address the congregation.
12. The Vice Chancellor addresses the congregation.
13. The Vice Chancellor invites the Chairman of Council to address the congregation.
14. The Chairman of the Council addresses the congregation and invites the Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Education, Prof. George Magoha to address the congregation.
15. The Cabinet Secretary, Ministry of Education delivers his address.
16. The Chairman of Council invites the Chancellor, Dr. James Mwangi to address the congregation.
17. The Chancellor, Dr. James Mwangi addresses the congregation.
18. 11.30 a.m. The Deputy Vice chancellor (ASA) calls upon the Deans of Schools to present their respective candidates for the conferment of Degrees and awards of Certificates and Diploma of Meru University of Science and Technology.
The Chancellor confers Degrees and awards Certificates and Diplomas to candidates as presented by the Deans of Schools beginning with:
In the following order:
School of Agriculture and Food Science
School of Business and Economics
School of Computing and Informatics
School of Engineering and Architecture
School of Health Sciences
School of Pure and Applied Sciences
School of Education
19. The Vice Chancellor presents the graduands to their parents, guardians and society.
20. The Vice Chancellor dissolves the congregation.