Reference is made to the MEMO from the office of the Vice-Chancellor Ref. MU/1/5/19CEN (223) dated 17th December, 2020 confirming that Christmas holiday is effective from 18th December, 2020 at 5 pm to 4th January. 2021 when Staff and students will be expected to report back to the University.
During Christmas break, activities in the University will be minimal and few Members of staff offering essential services and authorized Students only will be expected to be in the university.
The following are the Security regulations in the University during the break effective from 19th December, 2020 to 3rd January, 2021 prior to University re-opening:
- HODs/Deans/CODs/Heads of sections who anticipate to have any students or staff around especially those involved in research with active running projects should communicate to security office in advance using the official security email address. email@example.com for authorization and even then such students or staff shall identify themselves using their staff/student identity cards.
- ONLY Main gate will be in use during the break for authorized staff and students while the rest of the access gates ie. Mukaria gate, Farm gate and Sewer Gate will remain closed.
- Those wishing to pick the Keys to any of the offices in the University MUST be authorized in writing by the respective HODs/ Deans/CODs/Heads of sections using the official security email.
- All keys including University car Keys MUST be returned to security desk that is housed in Administration block 2 at the end of day’s business within the normal working hours and in case any delay is anticipated, prior communication MUST be made with the security department using the email
- Occupiers for various offices in the University are urged to be responsible to ensure that the doors, windows, cabinets, lockers, drawers, and grill doors if provided, are securely locked before leaving the respective offices so as to keep University property therein safe. Action shall be taken to anyone who contravenes this requirement in reference to the staff code of conduct.
Kindly let us adhere to these regulations for the safety of all of us. Have a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year.
Mr. Jared A. Maonga
DEPUTY CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER